About Classic Race Aarhus
The most friendly historic racing festival in Europe!
The most friendly Historic Racing Festival in Europe!
Classic Race Aarhus was first run in 2010 and from the very beginning was organized as a nonprofit entity owned by the Classic Race Aarhus Foundation. The primary objective of the foundation is to create and run Northern Europe’s best race festival and to support children’s road safety.
The organization works year-round with the two tasks: Indeed the final grids has not crossed the line before planning next year’s event has begun – and this is not just a figure of speech! With over 800 volunteers in the organization to manage the 300 racing cars and 40,000 guests, the arrangement is one of the largest in Denmark.
Classic Race Aarhus in numbers
Track length (meters)
Classic Race Aarhus take pride that our event is continuously developed in a mutually rewarding collaboration with educational institutions, the City of Aarhus, businesses and other stakeholders.
Volunteer at the Classic Race Aarhus
Over the years the large and stable voluntary corps has grown to more than 800 persons.
Maybe you would like to join? If you are fluent in Danish you can apply – read more below:
Board of the Foundation
We are organized as a charitable foundation whose purpose is to run the Classic Race Aarhus.
A “Classic Race Aarhus Ambassador” is a specially appointed and exclusive group of people, all eager to promote the Classic Race Aarhus. A Classic Race Aarhus ambassador is a person who has the necessary network, both nationally and internationally, and who want to activate this network in favor of Classic Race Aarhus.
List of current ambassadors
- Bente H. Steffensen, Direktør Erhverv Århus
- Bünyamin Simsek, Rådmand Børn og Unge i Aarhus
- Casper Elgaard, Racerkører
- Claus Bech, Direktør Aarhus City Forening
- Claus Bjerglund, Racerkører
- David McLaughlin, Race organizer i Berhamas
- Flemming Knudsen, Tidl. Borgmester i Aarhus
- Hans Halvorsen, Byrådsmedlem
- Heine Bach, Områdedirektør Nordea Bank Aarhus
- Jacob Bundsgaard, Borgmester i Aarhus
- Jan Magnussen, Racerkører
- Jens Winther, Le Mans kommentator
- Jette Skive, Rådmand Sundhed og Omsorg i Aarhus
- Kaj Berthelsen, Indehaver Prestige Cars Viborg
- Lars Rolner, Skibsreder i Hamborg
- Lars Svendsen, Formand for Strøget i Aarhus
- Lord Gregory Thornton, 2013 FIA Historic Formula 1 World Champion
- Lorina McLaughlin, Historic Formula One-driver
- Marc Perera Christensen, 2. viceborgmester i Aarhus
- Martin Jørgensen, Prof. Fodboldspiller
- Michael Flintholm, Direktør FGT Business Research
- Morten Dissing, Direktør Aros Forsikring
- Peter Kjær, Direktør Schou & Co
- Rabih Azad-Ahmad, Rådmand Kultur og Borgerservice i Aarhus